MachineTek is a well-established aerospace honeycomb composite company located in northern San Diego county. Our company offers a solid pay structure along with a comprehensive benefit package. Current employment opportunities are listed below. If you are interested in one or more listed positions, please submit your resume and salary requirements via email by clicking on this link: EMPLOYMENT
Required to have a comprehensive understanding of all CNC machining and programming operations. This role is tasked with working in close concert with machinist, shop leads, engineering design and manufacturing teams, quality assurance and machining operations management to increase productivity and optimizing machining programs and procedures. The programs need to reflect the best knowledge of the team and produce the highest quality parts in an efficient manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Have programs available in a timely manner that do not cause production delays.
- Provide consistent ideas for process improvement production methods.
- Work closely with machinist and inspection to verify programs and changes.
- Meet expectations for productivity and production goals.
- Observe and understand machining approaches and tool paths so as to make suggestions to improve or create efficiencies in the machining process. Understand the use of cutting tools and look for ways to improve upon or create new ones.
- Observe and understand each existing job and its manufacturing process, seeking opportunities to improve upon or create efficiencies.
- Create sketches, PDFs, and 3D CAD models using engineering applications such as SolidWorks and Mastercam.
- Work with team to resolve nonconformance defects through root cause analysis procedure and complete further actions.
- Make suggestions on design and process changes to improve manufacturability.
- Play an active role with machinist in first article set-up and process evaluation.
- Have an eye for quality and understand the QC system.
- Understand specific QC specifications per Job/Part number.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field is desirable.
- Minimum of three (3) years on the job programming experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with the methods and procedures associated with AS9100.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working under limited supervision.
- Able to organize and execute tasks efficiently and possess good time management skills.
- Must have clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity and basic proficiency with manual machine tools and hand tools.
- Proficient in, solid modeling and toolpath programs.
- Experience with SolidWorks and Mastercam as well as 3- and 5-axis CNC programing is a plus.
Sr. CNC Machinist
Provide direction and leadership to machining staff, including people management as follows: managing performance; addressing disciplinary issues; communicating information to direct reports and passing information up the management chain; ensuring team is aligned with and accomplishing goals/objectives; administrative processing; and, maintaining trust and confidentiality. Demonstrates leadership ability and foresight to plan and delegate work in support of schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organize and coordinate activities within the manufacturing operation to meet or exceed the facility and company goals
- Ensure quality parts are produced and delivered on time that meets customer specifications
- Project staffing for daily, weekly and future machining needs
- Coach, train and facilitate problem solving among machining staff
- Consistently monitor documentation, machinery, tools, processes and work cell layouts in order to adhere to schedule demands.
- Recommend improvements that yield increases in profit and quality levels and decreases potential safety hazards
- Investigate the use of alternate or scheduled materials to assure compliance, safety and schedule demands
- Assure that all scheduled tasks are completed on time and that all Machinists are busy and working to the schedule.
- Assure that all Machinists are working to schedule.
- Assure that materials required to support the Production Schedule are available to meet schedule.
- Assure that Machinists are abiding by Company Policies.
- Assure that Materials used in Production are available to meet scheduled demand.
- Assure that Inventory is adequate to meet future scheduled demand, report to Production Manager if any type of material shortage is observed.
- Assure that all inventories depleted are reported to Management.
- Assure that Planning Documents submitted to Production are accurate, compliant and will produce good parts in the most efficient method available.
- If Planning documents are not accurate then copy, redline and submit to Production Management for revision.
- Must have H.S. diploma or GED
- Five (5) years experience with all phases of CNC Mill equipment operation, 4 -5 Axis preferred.
- Must be able to perform own setups.
- Skilled in the use of indicator, gauges, and plate inspection methods for fixture pick-up, first article and in-process inspection of precision machined parts.
- Understanding of machine tool clearances, fixture offsets, and cutting tool offsets.
- Knowledge of cutting tool feeds, speeds, and tool life usage for aerospace hard turning and/or milling applications.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and interpret blueprint and quality requirements.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with AS9100, 5S, Lean, Six Sigma and MasterCam.